Monday, May 19, 2008

Treasure the moment...


We got this picture with grandma the day we left. It's funny how, when someone is diagnosed with a life threatening disease like cancer, you really begin to look at life a little differently. You treasure each moment with them, and try to take little snapshots that will help you remember them later on. But really, why should it be any different with anyone. So often, tragedy stirkes faster than you can imagine, and those precious moments are gone forever. It's really helping to put things into perspective for me. I'm not guaranteed another day and niether is anyone close to me. As I looked at this picture tonight the thought entered my mind 'What if we ended up treasuring this picture because of someone other than grandma?'. You really never know. Try to remember to make each moment count...

2 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

How true! My Grandpa on my Dad's side of the family died of cancer about six years ago. Time goes so fast...life is fleeting, may we always remember to keep the Lord first in our lives and like you were saying, cherish the precious moments that He gives us! Thank you for sharing!

Ruth Ann said...

thanks for sharing Bethany! That is so true, and so often (too often I should say) we lose focus and take so much for granted. Thanks for the perspective you shared with us, and especially that last part "I was thinking, what if we ended up treasuring this picture for someone other than grandma?" Thanks a bunch!