Thursday, July 12, 2007

A note from mom...

Here is the note that mom sent to the sisters in our church, and it was an encouragement and blessing to me, so I wanted to share it with y'all...

Dearest Sisters,
It is with joy and sorrow that we announce the birth of our baby who this moment stands in the presence of Him who said "Suffer the little children to come unto to me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of heaven." My motherly heart aches, but I also rejoice that this child, more perfectly than I, can sing with the Psalmist:

"Thou art He that took me out of my mother's womb: my praise shall be continually of Thee." Psalm 71:6

We appreciate your continued prayers and thank you for all the love you have shown. God is good and we rest in His care, knowing that He does all things well whether we completely understand or not. We are thankful for His comfort and praise Him for the remaining children He has entrusted to our care. They have become more precious today and we appreciate more the privilege of raising them for Him. Life is a gift from God to be treasured. May we all be reminded of this and hug our children and husbands more often.
Thankful for His mighty, sustaining arms,
Chris

2 comments:

sarahdodson said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Your mom has a precious attitude, which is a blessing to see. May the Lord continue to give great grace and comfort.
love,
sarah

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

We will be praying for her and the family.
The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7
Love
Nichole