Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trip update #1...

We've had a good but very busy trip so far. We left for our trip on Thursday afternoon. Originally, we were going to leave on Friday and travel the whole day to Virginia. Thankfully, Victor was wise and knew that I was a little too ambitious when I said I could do it in one day fine. I think I was remembering back to my pre-motherhood days when I didn't have a seven month old and I wasn't expecting number two:) Anyway, I was very glad we split it up into two days. It made it much easier.


On Friday evening, we arrived at my Aunt's house in Virginia Beach. We really enjoyed spending the next few days with her! She was a very gracious hostess, and made sure we had comfortable accomadations, delicious meals and plenty of visit time.


The highlight of the day on Saturday, was visiting my grandma (Dad's mom). She seemed to be doing well, and she really enjoyed seeing Hannah.


On Sunday, we visited two churches in the Virginia Beach area. The first, Covenant Heritage Reformed Fellowship, was actually in Newport News. Victor shared the with the church and after the services, we were invited to the home of Marc Moss, one of the elders. We were overwhelmed with the hospitality, and it was a wonderful time of fellowship with other believers!
From there, we went to Suffolk to a smaller home church, Suffolk Christian Assembly. The elder, Scott Wilson, is a full-time farmer with his family. Their farm is called Full Quiver Farm. Everyone greeted us so cheerfully and made us feel very welcome. Victor was able to share here as well, and everyone was very receptive. It was a delight to visit with these two churches and share the work. I wasn't able to get any pictures of the churches or fellowship, but I did get some pictures of Hannah all dressed up for church.

On Monday morning, we had a slow morning and got packed up and headed to Williamsburg for some family time and to learn about our country's heritage. We are staying a couple nights in the Governors' Inn, which is fairly economical for this area.

Here is another couple of pictures of our cheerful little girl excited to be in Williamsburg!

2 comments:

The Anders said...

Glad your trip is going well. Missed sharing the pew with y'all at church on Sunday! :-) Cute pictures of Hannah--she looks thrilled with life in all of those!
~Joy

A Joyful Heart said...

She looks like such a sweetie! Such a big happy smile!