Thursday, May 1, 2008

The promised post...

Well, here it is. The promised post. I've spent most of the morning working on learning the ropes of all this bargain shopping, CVSing, couponing, etc. I'm not sure that I've quite got it down yet, but we'll see after I go shopping tomorrow night. Thankfully, I have a sweet husband who's understanding and encouraging of all this. That helps alot.

Speaking of a sweet husband, I'd like to tell you what he did for me last Saturday. We were out most of the day at a baby shower, meeting his brother and sister-in-law for dinner and THEN he took me shopping. I wanted to try some bargain shopping (I have a story I might tell later if you all promise not to laugh too hard:) and we were also going to look for some organizational items to help the small space we live in to be a little more neat and orderly. Well, I'd like to show you what he bought and put together for me.

1. He bought me a tall black bookshelf type thing to hold all my pantry/bargain items.


2. He also bought me hanging shelf organizers for our closet. They were on sale for $6 at Target!! Before

After

Some of the stuff being stored in the closet isn't ours, but I was able to organize the stuff that is!

And later, I'll try to post about my couponing mess ups:)

2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

**Awww Bethany! Thanks for the update. The organizational items that your husband bought for your are great - I love to organize and keep things in order!! Doesn't it just make you feel better?

OH! I love CVS! I have got a bunch of great deals there, and it is so much fun to see what you can do. I don't think we'll ever have to buy toothpaste again! :) It takes a little while to catch on, but once you do, it's really exciting!! :) I hope you do well.

Oh - do post your story!! I won't laugh too hard. We all probably have our stories we could tell about things we've done or mistakes we've made. That's all part of learning though and it's bound to happen every now and then.

Well, this was a nice post! It was great to hear from you. :)

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

A good laugh is good for the heart! :-) But I promise not to laugh to hard.. but I AM DYING to know what you did. :-)