Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A long overdue update with pictures...

Hannah- making a speech

Ok, it's time for the excuses:) I really did intend to post while in Fredericksburg, but when we arrived at our hotel, checked in and tried the internet in our room, it wasn't working. Victor called the front desk and the lady said it wasn't working... bummer. So, I just took some pictures and waited till we go home to post. I think I've finally gotten settled back in at home (thanks to help from Victor and Angie) and I now have time to post.

First of all, we enjoyed having Grandma G. visit us for about 2 weeks. She stayed with the family, but we got to see her quite a bit. Here are some pictures from her visit of different ones holding Hannah. We also got a picture of the "four generations". What a blessing...

Four generations

Mom helping Matthew hold Hannah.

"Grandad" holding his little granddaughter

This past weekend we took a little "mini vacation" up to Fredericksburg. It was so beautiful, even in the wintertime. We checked in on Friday evening and pretty much just went to bed to be well rested for Saturday.

Saturday morning found us up and ready to go. We started out going for a drive around some of the roads in the area to see the scenery. It is so pretty out there and we had a lot fun.

One of the cute old farms along the road.

We ended our drive at the Fredericksburg visitors center and picked up some information on the area and town. Then we went for a leisurely stroll around the town. It's such a quiant little town with all the old historic buildings. By this time, it was lunch time and so we decided on a german restaurant called Der Lindenbaum and had some delicious German cuisine.

After that, we headed to the main attraction for the day - The Nimitz museum. We were hoping to see a film about a ship from the Pacific war, but it was Hannah's feeding time, so we went to find a quiet place to feed her instead:) We enjoyed walking around for a while through the different memorial gardens, as well as through the George Bush Gallery.

Me with Hannah on my back in a chitanje (not sure if I spelled that right)

After a while, Hannah was getting a little fussy, so we headed back to the hotel where we rested for a bit before going down the street and getting some pizza for dinner. After dinner, we went to bed. As you can see from this picture, I think we wore little Hannah out:)

Sunday morning, we got up, had breakfast and checked out of the hotel. We then went to the church where my family is visiting. After church, we headed home...

The rest of this week has been a whirlwind of activity including a shopping trip last night (Hannah's first time out).

Well, I'd love to post more (and I hope to soon) but for now, Hannah is calling:) so I must go.

Till later,


1 comment:

Vivi said...

I'm so happy for y'all. Your little one is beautiful, and I love the name. Please be sure to include pics of your husband--he always looks so happy and in love! Love to your dear family.