Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A quick update...

For those of you faithful readers who are wondering what has happened to us:) I just wanted to give a little update.

A little over a week ago, we moved again:) We're still on the church property, but just a little farther back. We were having serious skunk smells at the church apartment, and one of the methods used to try to oust the smelly thing, were mothballs. For those of you who are familar with them, they can be quite deadly. Shortly after that, Victor and I both started having serious side effects and the mothball smell was quite strong. We removed the mothballs, but as the health problems continued, we were moved to a different place on the property.

Our new place is quite nice and large:) It's a three bedroom/two bath mobile home that is very nice on the inside. I'm enjoying getting settled in, and am learning to deal with the never ending ants:) I'm thankful that God keeps me supplied with mission field preparation!!!

Victor spoke in church this past Sunday on his view on missions. He has asked the church to consider ordaining him and sending us out as missionaries, so this is giving the church a chance to get to know him and his point of view a little better. His message was a real blessing to me, and others seem to like it as well.

Well, I'd love to write a whole lot more, but since we don't have internet at our new place, I have to come to the church to do this and it takes away time from getting things done around the house. So... I'll have to keep my posts short at least for now.

One last thought... we have my midwife appointment this Saturday, and we're hoping to make another attempt to find out what we're having. I'll try to let you all know if we do find out. I'll also try to keep you up to date about all our doings this week later on.

Hope you all are doing well....

Bethany

1 comment:

Granny Kate said...

Oh, the ants--how I remember the ants! I thought my daughter Abby would be the only one of us to never have an ant bite, since she was only 4 months old when we moved away. But wouldn't you know it, an ant somehow got her the very week we moved!

What I hated most about the ants was the strange attraction they had for all our white cotton dirty laundry! Dead ant carcasses still clung tenaciously to our underclothes when I took them out of the washer and hung them on the line.

But, you know, things could be worse... You could live in the bogs of Canada, where the unofficial national bird is the Mosquito. We do not spend quiet, peaceful summer evenings on the porch anymore.