Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Words of Wisdom Wednesday's

Sorry about not posting yesterday. I had a couple of ideas, but I just got super busy and didn't have time to post them, so I'll have to wait till next week.

This week's words of wisdom come from a blog that I really like to frequent. Crystal Paine's blog has been a great encouragement to me, and I really enjoy reading it every day just about. You can check it out for yourself by going to http://www.biblicalwomanhoodonline.com/blog.htm. I know you'll be blessed.

Here though, I'd like to put in a little something that she wrote that I thought you all might enjoy...


The Best Things
I look down into her precious eyes. I see her smile. I hear her gurgle and coo. Why me, Lord? Why did you entrust me with this precious gift? I'm not worthy, Lord.
These thoughts have been running through my head a lot the past few days. Some friends of ours - friends who were married soon after us and had twins soon after Kathrynne was born - lost their little three-month-old baby boy this week.My heart breaks for this young couple. I can't even begin to imagine the pain, the heartbreak, the agony of losing a little precious child, a child you loved so dearly. There are no words to describe what the pain must feel like.I look at my two precious girls - one scampering about the house, the other cuddled in my arms - and a lump arises in my throat. I don't deserve these precious gifts. I never want to take them for granted. However little or much time God gives me to be their mother, I want to be faithful, I want to make the most of it.
There are so many good things in life that constantly creep in to try and crowd out the best things. The good things can wait, being a mommy and investing in these precious lives cannot.
Lord, help me to be faithful!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany - thanks for sharing! I love Crystal's blog as well, and frequent it often. There's a quote someone gave me, and it says "The good is often enemy of the best." ~ Denny Kenastson - Have a blessed day! ~ Ruth Ann